Potty Training a Tubie

Myles is 2 years old and starting to be interested in going potty on the toilet. I don't even attempt to potty train my kids until I feel like they are ready. Otherwise it's just me pushing and I feel like it turns them further away from potty training rather than being excited about it. I don't usually get nervous about potty training my kids. I feel like I'm pretty experienced seeing as how I've successfully potty trained my first 5 kids plus one of my nephews!


Myles is a different situation all together though. He is uncharted territory for me! He has a G-Tube (feeding tube) placed in his abdomen. We call it his "button." A little more than a year ago he ate almost nothing by mouth at all. Since then, he has progressed in leaps and bounds that once I never  could have imagined. However, even though he does orally eat some now, he is still tube fed.

He just found out his button glows in the dark in this picture!

So here is where I tell you why this is so different from what I'm used to with potty training. I'll inform you ahead of time it's gross. Haha! (That was your warning...) He doesn't have solid poop usually ever. Usually if he has to poop it's pretty fast and without warning. The formula he is tube fed with makes extremely stinky poops. This is making potty training kind of a nightmare. Most kids have a harder time learning to go #2 on the potty anyways. But, this is another level of....something?

He is doing so well with peeing on the potty though!  Now if I can figure out how to poop potty train my little tubie boy! I really hope Myles and I can figure this out together because if I have to wait till he's done with tube feeds or GI issues...that's unknown how long that will be! I'm confident he will not go to college without being potty trained though!

Yum!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Your Promptings!

Be Brave Mom

Peaches the Miracle Puppy - The Second Miracle