Fall Sports Nearing an End

I'm so proud of Kenzie for trying new things! She really enjoyed cross country and is looking forward to doing it again! Districts were last Friday and all the middle schools competed against each other. They split each school team up and made a varsity and junior varsity team. Kenzie really wanted to be on the varsity team even though she's only a 7th grader. She's done so well this season and has kept improving! Before districts they announced the teams and she was thrilled to be included on the varsity team! Go Kenzie! 


MaKenzie did awesome in the district meet! She got 20th place overall and came in 6th place on her varsity team! She also made a new personal record of 10:29 for the mile and half! The girls varsity team won districts by 1 point!


I was so happy to have Kenzie be part of such a great group of people. She learned a lot from the kids around her. They really are a good group of kids! She was surprised and I was so impressed when she told me that the team captains would suggest having a team prayer before meets. I asked her what she thought of that and she said it was such a good idea! I was humbled to finally get to the district meet before it started and as I walked up, I witnessed the team from afar drop to their knees. Made my mommy heart swell seeing this great group of kids participating in prayer together on their own.


Finally, fall soccer games are also coming to a close! I love watching my kids...I also love getting a break from the crazy busy schedule and sitting in the cold now that the weather is changing! We have just a few games left still. Kenzie had a game on Saturday and she was super excited to score a goal. Good team work all around for that goal to happen too! Another team I'm proud to have her be a part of such a great group of girls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Your Promptings!

Be Brave Mom

Peaches the Miracle Puppy - The Second Miracle