In the Mouth and Out the Button...


Myles loves juice. I didn't have a button pad on him and his juice he was drinking starting running out his stoma (the hole his button is in that goes straight to his stomach) and down his belly. At first it made him nervous. Then he just wanted to show everyone. 


I really need to change his button. He's had this one in for several months. His GI doctor recommends replacing it every 3-4 months or if it accidentally comes out. Thankfully, that has never happened! We had to go to a training at Primary Children's Hospital on how to care for and change his button. The first time I was lucky enough to change it at the GI doctor office with the doctor overseeing me make the switch. I felt more confident he was right there walking me through it. Still nerve racking though! The second time we swapped out a button was at home and made me a bit more nervous!


For the moment, I just checked his balloon port. Then emptied and refilled the water and that has helped the leaking for now! Inside his stomach, on the other end of what you see on the outside, is a balloon looking thing that is filled with water and this is what holds the button in place in his stomach. The water level needs to be checked and replaced as it gets low. It was pretty low this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Your Promptings!

Be Brave Mom

Peaches the Miracle Puppy - The Second Miracle