Memories of a Sicker Myles

Myles has an ear infection and got pink eye on top of that. He has been so cuddly. Just wanting Mommy all the time. He's such a family oriented soul anyways, that when the kids are in school he just follows me around and wants a lot of attention. 

But, when Myles is not feeling well, he really wants to be held and cuddled. He stayed up half the night with me last week miserable. We think he got a tiny bit of dairy and got a stomach ache from it. He can't have any dairy. Ear infection on top of tummy issues, equaled one extremely sad kid. 


Although he's not feeling well, he still gave me lots of kisses. He is the perfect example of mourning with those that mourn. When someone is feeling down, most people try to make them feel better, lift them up, or fix the problem. This is fine, but sometimes you just need to cry it out and not have someone trying to "fix" things?! I had a few emotionally rough days during this time frame. I usually don't like things like this to show in front of my kids. But sometimes you can't hide it...especially when a certain kid is glued to you. Haha. Of course, he noticed my silent tears I was trying to hide. Did I mention I love pregnancy hormones? He just hugged me. I assured him I was OK and he'd keep hugging till he was sure I was actually OK. 


Myles not feeling well and wanting me constantly is not such a distant memory of what life was like all the time, not to long ago. When Myles was a baby he got sick all the time. He basically had no immune system to fight things off. So, he was constantly getting sick. I started keeping him home and out of the public for months. Every time he got sick it was harder for him to eat and not be miserable and he already struggled gaining weight. My heart would break whenever he got sick. He would also get lots of ear infections. 


At the time, I thought he was such a mellow kid that just liked to be cuddled! I had no idea, at this time, that it was possible for him to be loud and have energy and run all around. He was either sick or had tummy issues all the time....or both. I didn't fully realize his GI issues were the source of so many problems. It was an amazing transformation to see him change once he started gaining weight and getting healthy. He suddenly decided to start walking. He had energy to play. He was loud! He was completely another kid! He was happy.

I don't think I've taken very many pictures of this baby bump so here's one from 33 almost 34 weeks. Notice the tiny cute people observing in the background?!

Now a days when Myles gets sick, it reminds me of those days he just wanted to be held 24/7. It doesn't make me sad we went through all this. It makes me grateful for what we have learned and where we are at now. So many people have things so much worse. I've seen this going to Primary Children's Hospital so much. I'm so grateful to watch my little Myles run and play and progress!





Myles, always wanting to be included with his siblings and family! Here he is having family scripture study with us. He doesn't mind that he can't read! He's happy to be included in every way! 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Your Promptings!

Be Brave Mom

Peaches the Miracle Puppy - The Second Miracle