My Sweet Boy

Another day of fighting off this illness! I've been trying to conserve all my energy for this evening. Wylie and Lilah had soccer games again tonight at the same time and since Greg is coaching Lilah's team, if I don't go then Wylie doesn't have a parent to cheer him on. I already missed his game on Tuesday. I was so tired this evening still and really wanted to rest. 

I made a terrible call and asked, "Wylie, do you want mommy to come to your game or stay home and rest?" As soon as I asked him I knew I shouldn't have put that on a little boy. He surprised me with his unselfish answer. He told me I should stay home and rest. My mommy heart broke and I knew that I needed to go and support this boy even if it meant dragging my hacking coughing body to the side of that field and simply being there!

Greg and my kids are amazing! Greg parked as close to Wylie's field as possible and the kids hauled everything over while I slowly made my way to the field. The girls cheered for their siblings and helped watch Myles. I just had to sit and watch. Maybree stayed right by my side the whole game all on her own to see if I needed anything. 

Wylie played so hard tonight. I told him even if I can't yell that I can clap and for him to remember that I was watching him and cheering even if he can't hear me yelling. He scored a goal and was close several other times. Most importantly he played his hardest and got open and passed when he should.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Your Promptings!

Be Brave Mom

Peaches the Miracle Puppy - The Second Miracle