It's A Love Hate Thing!

Creepy or funny? This is what pregnancy feels like at the end...

I love Halloween! I also kind of hate it... It's so fun to decorate the house for it! I love spending time with all the family that is around! Trick or treating with cousins! Watching the kids have so much fun during all the exciting seasonal things planned! If I'm being honest, then I also love the abundance of candy around! The excuse to be silly, or dress in something crazy, or wear way to much make up!

All these cute creepy costumes...Greg is under that bear...
I really hate finding costumes for the kids! Haha! The anxiety of  them deciding what they want to be and you as the parent trying to magically transform them into this idea in their head! Also, trying to be creative so you don't over spend while figuring out how to make everyone's costumes work out! The worst is all the rushing around though. From school and Halloween parades to parties and trick or treating. Somehow, I'm supposed to get all 6 (next year 7) ready for this madness and keep it up all day?! If costumes involve hair and make up then I'm really up a creek trying to get everyone ready in time! It's just a bit stressful!

Kenzie the zombie!

But then it all works out. Just as my anxiety is settling down I get to witness that magical moment where my kids transform into a princess, witch, ghost, or super hero. Suddenly, all the rushing and worrying becomes worth it. These are the moments when being a parent is amazing! THAT, I LOVE!

Kayla the magician!
My sister throws a Halloween party every year and we've gone ever since we got married. Last year was the first time that we went to the party and then came trick or treating in our new neighborhood instead of staying in my sister's neighborhood. This year we had the same plan. But, my awesome nephew, Charlie, plays college baseball up in Idaho. He was playing in a fundraising game and broke his leg badly. He ended up having surgery on Halloween. I took over my sister's party and moved it to our house because they were a bit busy!

Maybree the clown!

Charlie is now recovering from surgery and everything is put back together again! I noticed the shirt he was wearing in a picture his parents sent out said, "All jacked up for Halloween." Poor guy! He's a strong young man and I know he'll get through this! We love you Charlie and are praying for you!

Wylie the ghost!

It was so fun having all the family over and watching the kids get ready to go out trick or treating. Watching their excitement! This is only the second year I've ever handed out candy! No one ever came to our old neighborhood. It's a new experience for me and I love it! It's so fun to see all the neighborhood kids come to the door. Be able to say hi to the parents and friends bringing them around.

Lilah is Poppy the troll!
Myles is Marshall the puppy from Paw Patrol. He was very proud of his painted nose.
Greg is just like one of the kids sometimes...I can say this because he'll admit it to anyone. He planned out the entire trick or treating route. By planned out, I mean he literally drew a map and planned the route they would take. He also had planned for looping back to drop younger kids off when they got cold. Greg, you're amazing!!! So blessed to have you be mine forever!

Greg and his map. Look at that happy face!




Till next Halloween!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Your Promptings!

Be Brave Mom

Peaches the Miracle Puppy - The Second Miracle