Peaches the Miracle Puppy-The First Miracle

My kids have been trying to convince us to get another dog for about a year. They even had a slide show presentation about why we needed another dog. As cute, and impressive, as the power point was, we did not get another dog.



 

I made the mistake of telling them all my criteria I would require for another dog. They would have to be responsible with their chores. I wanted a small, no...tiny dog. I love toy poodles. My grandparents bred their toy poodles. I've always loved them since! However, I wanted a true "toy" poodle which is basically less than 10 lbs. A lot of people list their over 10 lb or more poodles as "toy" and they are actually "miniature." I wanted roughly a 5 lb (so each parent needs to be about 5 lbs) girl that was black or maybe brown if she was the perfect chocolate shade. I also wanted a puppy for much less money than they are normally sold for and she needed to have AKC papers.

I thought this was a near impossible list to find. My kids looked on KSL classifieds everyday...for months! They would bring us a listing and we'd say "no" and point out whatever was missing from my list. From spring 2019 to spring 2020 their were a lot of "no's." It got to the point that I started looking on KSL daily just to know what I would be presented with that day. Well you can't look at puppies daily without any feelings. Which led to me searching for the perfect pup.........

 About a month into the coronavirus quarantine a chocolate toy poodle showed up for sale, with papers, at a crazy low price! Her pictures online were actually not very cute. But she was only a 10 minute drive from our house. Our kids of course found her online about 30 minutes after I did. I didn't want to let them know I'd already seen her listing and we were going to go look at her. As Greg and I were driving there to see her I commented that I wish I could tell if she was actually cute because her pictures were terrible as the owner had tried to dress her up. Greg replied, "well if she is cute you already know you aren't going to be able to say no to her."

The breeder informed us he actually had 2 female puppies for sale. One was a bit bigger than the other. He brought them both out. The tiny one immediately came and sat by my foot. The bigger sister kept trying to get her to play. They would run off and chase each other, but as soon as things got rough the tiny one ended right back at my feet. I was already loving this tiny fluff ball! We brought her home and the kids couldn't believe we had got her. Kenzie had been desperately trying to show me her listing all morning! Kayla was crying with joy! It was April 7th When we added this little fluff ball to our crazy family.

 

I told my mom we got a puppy and put a picture of Myles holding her with the caption "Surprise!" on our family group me chat. My mom said she wanted to see her so bad but she was trying to stay away from everyone because of the quarantine and her age. An hour passed before my mom called me back and said, "I'll be there in 15 minutes I have to snuggle that puppy!"

She held the puppy and snuggled her saying, "You don't want to live here. You want to come live with me!"

I teased her, "She has a sister for sale!"

"No, I can't do that."

That night after she left she called me back and asked me to contact the breeder concerning the sister. I did and was told that she had already been sold. My mom seemed despondent. I told her I'd keep looking on KSL. She said "no, I probably don't need a dog." About another couple hours passed before she called me back again. All she said was, "Ok, keep looking for puppies." Inwardly I was very nervous about finding another "perfectly sized and priced" puppy because it had taken me months to find ours. The task seemed hopeless. The next day no new listings were posted. We prayed and I know my mom was praying.

 April 9th I looked online first thing that morning but nothing. In the meantime all the kids were voting on names. Myles wanted her to be "Mario." I told him that she is a girl. He thought very hard for a minute and said, "Princess Peach but we'll call her Peaches." He was sure that this was his dog. More specifically, his "nintendo switch dog" that he would hold playing video games. "Peaches" wasn't the name everyone voted for but it's the name that we all kept calling her and it stuck.

 

Early afternoon I was feeling guilty I had this sweet little Peaches and my mom was probably lonely and needing companionship much more than us. Out of nowhere I decided I needed to check KSL again. A new ad popped up and as I read the description my jaw dropped. The woman selling this puppy was very specific about who she would allow her dog to be sold to. She wanted someone that didn't work out of the home so the person would be home all day with the puppy. Whoever she sells this dog to could not have young children living at home. She was special to the owner because she was most like the mommy dog which was her sweetheart.

 I didn't even wait a minute to call. I could sense the hesitate in the woman's voice as I inquired if her puppy was still available while she could hear my gaggle of children in the back round. Once I explained my mom's situation and desire to have a pup as a companion, especially as the world was going through quarantine, relief washed over the voice on the other end of the line. She explained how she had turned down 2 family members who wanted the puppy because they had young children. She had been praying for someone special to come along that she could feel comfortable with to give this puppy to. I told her we had also been praying to find a special puppy for my mom.

I called my mom to tell her the news, "Mom, we found the perfect puppy!!! She is a tiny, black, girl, toy poodle and some how she is a bit cheaper than Peaches was!" (That was a miracle in itself!) As I explained the woman's requirements to sell the puppy and how she told me she had been praying for this, my mom and I were in tears.

 Mom simply asked, "when can we go get her?"

 After several calls back and forth we arranged to immediately leave and drive my mom the 2 ½ hours to the woman's home. Immediately to my mom means right nowimmediately to me means as soon as I can after making sure all 7 kids are taken care of even if that's a couple hours. My mom kept calling and texting for our arrival updates. At one point I was giving her a minute by minute play. She was like a kid on Christmas Eve!

 

I realized I never showed her a picture of the puppy on the drive up. She didn't care. She knew this puppy was hers and an answer to prayer. We sat down in the woman's living room. She brought out this tiny fluff of black and handed her to my mom. My mom was smitten. We shared our stories of searching for a puppy for months for our family and the miracle and answered prayer of finding this puppy only days later! She shared her storing of turning people away and praying for the right person to want her puppy. We shed a few tears and thanked the woman and left for our 2 and ½ hour drive home.

 

Mom threw around a few names. I mentioned that if I had found a black dog I would have called her Misty. Mom liked it and was calling her Misty the whole ride home. By the next day "Misty" had morphed into "Mitzi" as those sounds flowed better to my mom. They are inseparable. She is the perfect sweet companion to my mom.

 

In the following weeks we were talking to the kids about the difference between NEEDS and WANTS. Maybree asked, "so was Peaches a need or a want?" We explained that she was a want and we wanted to add another puppy to our family. This sparked the next question, "So Mitzi was a want too?" Both Greg and I answered, "no, Mitzi was a need."

 

Of course this confused all the kids. We explained that Grandma is alone so much that it is good for her to have companionship. We all see a big difference in her since she got Mitzi. She is so beyond happy. Sometimes we have needs that we don't even realize we need. But God knows. He knew my mom needed that companionship.

 In a round about way Peaches became a need. Her sweetness and love sparked the realization in my mom that she could use that in her life. My mom never ever would of considered a dog if we hadn't of got Peaches. Our want, fulfilled someone else's need, making her a need too, for my mom. Many answered prayers and miracles within Peaches joining our family and Mitzi joining my mom. So grateful to God for them both.










































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Your Promptings!

Be Brave Mom

Peaches the Miracle Puppy - The Second Miracle